News and press releases
SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
Article in Blood shows the reliability of SKY92 genetic subtyping signature for prediction of disease progress for multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer) patients
Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 8 September 2015 – Researchers at the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, conclude that the SKY92-signature (formerly known as EMC92) for genetic subtyping of multiple myeloma patients in combination with the ISS (the International Staging System) classification is superior to all other markers in risk classification for survival. Their findings have been published in the well-known international haematological journal, Blood. Patients with multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer) have variable survival, and require reliable prognostic and predictive scoring systems.
The SKY92-signature, discovered by the Erasmus Medical Centre in the Netherlands, consists of 92 genes that are directly or indirectly related to the disease, the combined expression level of these genes can be measured using the MMprofiler™. Clinicians can use the result of the MMprofiler™ test to predict for their patients how multiple myeloma is likely to progress and to decide on the most optimal treatment for the individual patient.
According to the article in Blood, the SKY92-signature in combination with the ISS (international staging system) classification, outperforms current markers and offers a robust clinically relevant 4-group model: “Ranking all novel as well as existing risk classifications showed that the EMC92(SKY92)-ISS combination is the strongest predictor for overall survival, resulting in a four group risk classification. The median survival was 24 months for the highest risk group, 47 and 61 months for the intermediate risk groups and the median was not reached after 96 months for the lowest risk group”, the researchers from the Erasmus Medical Center noted.
The SKY92-signature is used by SkylineDx in its leading diagnostic test, the MMprofiler™. On July 3rd 2015 SkylineDx launched its MMprofiler™ as a Diagnostic Service in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe, making it possible for physicians to send their samples to the SkylineDx central laboratory in Rotterdam for analysis with the MMprofiler™. SkylineDx expects to launch the MMprofiler™ as a CE IVD kit on the European market later this year. This will enable other molecular diagnostics laboratories throughout Europe to implement the MMprofiler™ for analysis at their own facility.
SkylineDx is a Rotterdam-based biotech company. SkylineDx is a spin-off of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The company specializes in the development and marketing of innovative gene signature-based diagnostic tests based with high clinical value to enable healthcare professionals to make better informed treatment decisions for individual patients.
The MMprofiler™ is the lead product of SkylineDx. It is a prognostic test to determine the level of risk of a multiple myeloma patient by classifying such patient into a “high” or “standard” risk group with the use of the novel SKY92 gene signature.
About Multiple Myeloma
www.hematon.nl/myeloom (information available in Dutch only)
About the MMprofiler™
In the USA available for research use only and currently not permitted to be used for clinical diagnostic use. www.mmprofiler.com
13 Jun 2018
31 Jan 2018
05 Dec 2017
13 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
21 Jun 2017
10 Apr 2017
30 Nov 2016
SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
11 Oct 2016
04 Oct 2016
31 May 2016
08 Mar 2016
01 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015
08 Sep 2015
19 Aug 2015
02 Jul 2015
08 Jun 2015
17 Feb 2015
11 Nov 2014
06 Nov 2014
14 Oct 2014
22 May 2014
06 Mar 2014
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at EHA Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofilerTM with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Inks Joint Development Agreement with Mayo Clinic to Develop Diagnostic Tests for Melanoma
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at ASH Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofiler™ with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92 Gene Signature Facilitates Cost-effective, Risk-stratified Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Announces Prognostic Tool to be Used as Part of Major New Myeloma Clinical Trial
- SkylineDx Researchers Publish Data Demonstrating Utility of SKY92 as Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- SkylineDx Presented New Algorithm Demonstrating Ability to Successfully Identify Gene Sets that are Informative of Cancer Treatment Specific Survival
- SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
- SkylineDx and Consortium of Leading European Partners awarded multi-million Euro Horizon2020 grant from European Commission
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating MMprofiler™ as Robust Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma at the European Hematology Association 21st Annual Congress (EHA)
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and Difficult to Treat Disease
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating Prognostic Value of MMprofiler™ in Multiple Myeloma at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- SkylineDx Receives CE-IVD Mark for MMprofiler™ Its Innovative Gene Signature-Based Test for Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
- SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
- More Accurate Prediction on Prognosis in Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer)
- SkylineDx Presents an Abstract on Risk Identification for Multiple Myeloma Patients at the 20th Congress of the EHA
14 Jun 2018 - 17 Jun 2018, Stockholmsmässan Congress Center, Stockholm, Sweden
23rd Congress of the European Hematology Association (EHA)
SkylineDx will be represented at this Congress by members of the Commercial and Operations teams.
15 Aug 2018 - 18 Aug 2018, Sydney, Australia
World Congress on the Cancers of the Skin
SkylineDx will be represented at this Congress by Dharminder Chahal, CEO, and Nicky Rijk-Vogels, EVP, Global Business Development.
12 Sep 2018 - 15 Sep 2018, Hilton Americas, Houston Texas, USA
Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by Patricia Murphy, Regional Business Manager, The Americas, and Arielle Ginsberg, Senior Field Application Specialist.
05 Oct 2018 - 07 Oct 2018, Mandelieu, France
European School of Haematology (ESH) 4th International Conference on Multiple Myeloma
SkylineDx will be represented at this conference by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
19 Oct 2018 - 23 Oct 2018, Messe Munich, Munich, Germany
European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2018 Congress
SkylineDx will be represented at this congress by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
01 Dec 2018 - 04 Dec 2018, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, USA
American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by members of the Commercial, Operations, Business Development and Executive teams.