News and press releases
SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
Key additions to the management team as SkylineDx accelerates its development of gene signature-based diagnostics and prepares for the launch of its first product
Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 19 August 2015 - SkylineDx, a molecular diagnostics company developing and commercializing innovative gene signature based diagnostics, today announces the appointment of Leonard Kruimer as Chief Financial Officer per August 15th and Peter Schineller as Chief Commercial Officer per August 1st. Mr. Kruimer brings more than 30 years of experience in corporate finance, planning and strategy, including 15 years in senior executive positions in private and publicly listed biotechnology companies like Crucell. Mr. Schineller's 25-year professional career spans both the diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries. Most recently, Mr. Schineller served as Chief Commercial Officer at diagnostics company Agendia of Amsterdam and Irvine, California.
Dharminder Chahal, SkylineDx’s Chief Executive Officer and founder said:
“As we continue our growth momentum thru 2015 and beyond, we are committed to building a world class healthcare organization that is strategically focused on the broad expansion of our current and future signature based diagnostics portfolio. To that end, we are thrilled to add Leonard Kruimer and Peter Schineller to our executive team.”
“Mr. Kruimer’s and Schineller’s depth of experience as a senior commercial leader within the fast growing life sciences sector will enable SkylineDx to fulfill its global signature based diagnostics business objectives as we accelerate the development of our groundbreaking signature-based diagnostics and prepare for the launch of our first product.”
Leonard Kruimer, CFO
Leonard Kruimer was CFO and Management Board member of the Netherlands-based vaccine company Crucell from 1998 through to 2011, when Johnson & Johnson acquired the company. During his tenure at Crucell he was responsible for financing the company in private and public markets, including the IPO at Nasdaq and Euronext in 2000 and subsequent listing on the Swiss Stock Exchange in 2006. Mr. Kruimer was closely involved in the company’s M&A strategy, including the acquisition and integration of Swiss-based Berna Biotech.
He served as the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of private biotech company ProFibrix from 2011 through to its acquisition by The Medicines Company (Nasdaq: MDCO) in 2013. In 2014 he served as financial director of Dutch biotech company BBB Therapeutics. Prior to his time at Crucell, Leonard Kruimer was Managing Director at TIP Europe, a unit of GE Capital. He was a consultant with McKinsey & Company and started his career at Price Waterhouse in New York. Mr. Kruimer holds an MBA from the Harvard Business School and is a Certified Public Accountant in New York State.
Peter Schineller, CCO
In the CCO position, Mr. Schineller will lead SkylineDx’s global commercialization activities as it delivers technologies to translate personalized diagnostics into actionable, patient-centered solutions for clinicians.
Most recently, Mr. Schineller served as Chief Commercial Officer at Dutch/American Agendia for more than two years, where he restructured the commercial organization and was instrumental in driving ongoing, positive annual growth. Prior to that he was Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Alexza Pharmaceuticals. Other key positions held include: Senior Vice President and General Manager at Ventana Medical Systems, a Roche company and Senior Vice President Sales, Marketing and Commercial Operations, at Genoptix Medical Laboratories, acquired by Novartis.
Mr. Schineller was also a co-founder at Verus pharmaceuticals and held positions of increasing responsibility in sales and marketing with Abbott Laboratories, Dura/Elan and Cypress Bioscience.
SkylineDx, based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is an innovative biotechnology company specializing in developing and commercializing innovative, signature-based diagnostics with a high clinical value that help to provide physicians and patients with the best individual care possible. Skyline is a spin-off of Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Dutch life sciences investor Van Herk Ventures is a major shareholder in the company and has been instrumental for its strong scientific development since its inception in 2013. Van Herk Ventures invests in the life sciences sector through direct investments in private and listed companies and in venture capital funds, like Devgen (acquired by Syngenta), Crucell (acquired by Johnson&Johson) and Octoplus (acquired by Dr. Reddy’s) and Venture Capital company Forbion. At present Van Herk has significant shareholdings in promising Life Sciences- en Medtech companies such as Dutch Galapagos (partnered with AbbVie), French Innate Pharma (partnered with Bristol-Myers Squibb and AstraZeneca) and Dutch diagnostics company Agendia.
26 Jul 2017
21 Jun 2017
10 Apr 2017
30 Nov 2016
SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
11 Oct 2016
04 Oct 2016
31 May 2016
08 Mar 2016
01 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015
08 Sep 2015
19 Aug 2015
02 Jul 2015
08 Jun 2015
17 Feb 2015
11 Nov 2014
06 Nov 2014
14 Oct 2014
22 May 2014
06 Mar 2014
- SkylineDx Researchers Publish Data Demonstrating Utility of SKY92 as Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- SkylineDx Presented New Algorithm Demonstrating Ability to Successfully Identify Gene Sets that are Informative of Cancer Treatment Specific Survival
- SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
- SkylineDx and Consortium of Leading European Partners awarded multi-million Euro Horizon2020 grant from European Commission
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating MMprofiler™ as Robust Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma at the European Hematology Association 21st Annual Congress (EHA)
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and Difficult to Treat Disease
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating Prognostic Value of MMprofiler™ in Multiple Myeloma at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- SkylineDx Receives CE-IVD Mark for MMprofiler™ Its Innovative Gene Signature-Based Test for Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
- SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
- More Accurate Prediction on Prognosis in Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer)
- SkylineDx Presents an Abstract on Risk Identification for Multiple Myeloma Patients at the 20th Congress of the EHA
13 Sep 2017 - 16 Sep 2017, Houston, TX, USA
Society of Hematologic Oncology - 2017 Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at the SOHO Annual Meeting by Lindsay Kelly, Field Application Specialist..
06 Oct 2017 - 07 Oct 2017, San Francisco, CA, USA
NCCN 11th Annual Congress: Hematologic Malignancies
SkylineDx will be represented at the NCCN 11th Annual Congress: Hematologic Malignancies by Lindsay Kelly, Field Application Specialist and Rosanna Santos, Global Product Manager.
09 Dec 2017 - 12 Dec 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA
American Society of Hematology - 59th Annual Meeting & Exposition
SkylineDx will be represented at the ASH 59th Annual Meeting by the Executive, Commercial, Business Development and Operations teams. Please visit us at the SkylineDx booth # 2047;