News and press releases
SkylineDx Inks Joint Development Agreement with Mayo Clinic to Develop Diagnostic Tests for Melanoma
Rotterdam, the Netherlands, January 31, 2018 – SkylineDx today announced a strategic collaboration with Mayo Clinic to develop novel diagnostic tests which will improve clinical decision making for melanoma patients. For SkylineDx, the collaboration with the renowned Mayo Clinic is an important milestone as it allows the company to develop new diagnostic tests and extend its product offering for a broader group of patients and clinicians.
The knowledge and experience of SkylineDx in the field of bio-informatics will help Mayo Clinic to optimize and further develop an algorithm to identify risk factors associated with metastasis, originally discovered and developed by Mayo Clinic dermatologist Alexander Meves, M.D., and his team.
The outcome of these molecular-based tests will help physicians target patients to appropriate treatment interventions. This meets the growing need for individual treatment and personalized medicine. Molecular testing can be performed on routinely collected biopsy tissue to determine the probability for metastatic spread with high accuracy.
“The collaboration with Mayo Clinic is a significant achievement for SkylineDx since this enables us to further extend our product offering by using our knowledge and experience in the field of bioinformatics in other disease areas outside of multiple myeloma, building upon our existing assets and capabilities,” said Dharminder S. Chahal, Chief Executive Officer of SkylineDx. “We are very impressed with the work of Dr. Meves and his group and are delighted that they chose SkylineDx as their collaboration partner to address an unmet medical need and to improve the quality of life for patients.”
The basis for this collaboration originated from the data and algorithm originally published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Clinical Oncology in 2015, in which Dr. Meves and his group worked to discover new molecular risk factors associated with sentinel lymph node (SLN) positivity in the primary melanoma. Dr. Meves will present new data at the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA, February 16-20, 2018.
Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that develops in the pigment-producing melanocytes in the basal layer of the epidermis. Risk for developing melanoma is influenced by several factors including exposure to radiation from sunshine, skin type, age and sex. If melanoma is recognized and treated early, it is almost always curable. However, melanoma is responsible for a majority of skin cancer related deaths, because it may spread to other sites of the body, where it becomes hard to treat and can be fatal. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, an estimated 232,000 people around the world are diagnosed with invasive melanoma each year.
SkylineDx is a commercial-stage biotech company based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Originally a spin-off of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the company specializes in the development and marketing of innovative gene signature-based prognostic tests to assist healthcare professionals in making personalized treatment decisions for individual patients. These tests are designed to accurately determine the type or status of the disease or to predict a patient’s response to a specific treatment. Based on the test results, healthcare professionals can tailor the treatment to the individual patient. MMprofiler with SKY92 is the company’s lead product. To learn more, please visit www.skylinedx.com.
# # #
Media Inquiries for SkylineDx
Dharminder Chahal, SkylineDx
+31 (0)10 703 8410
27 Sep 2018
30 Jul 2018
13 Jun 2018
31 Jan 2018
05 Dec 2017
13 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
21 Jun 2017
10 Apr 2017
30 Nov 2016
SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
11 Oct 2016
04 Oct 2016
31 May 2016
08 Mar 2016
01 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015
08 Sep 2015
19 Aug 2015
02 Jul 2015
08 Jun 2015
17 Feb 2015
11 Nov 2014
06 Nov 2014
14 Oct 2014
22 May 2014
06 Mar 2014
- Dutch government grants €2.7M for development skin cancer test
- Nederlandse overheid financiert € 2,7M voor ontwikkeling huidkankertest
- Groundbreaking algorithm predicts best treatment for cancer patient
- Baanbrekend algoritme voorspelt beste behandeling kankerpatiënt
- Machine learning algorithm predicts treatment response in MM
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at EHA Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofilerTM with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Inks Joint Development Agreement with Mayo Clinic to Develop Diagnostic Tests for Melanoma
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at ASH Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofiler™ with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92 Gene Signature Facilitates Cost-effective, Risk-stratified Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Announces Prognostic Tool to be Used as Part of Major New Myeloma Clinical Trial
- SkylineDx Researchers Publish Data Demonstrating Utility of SKY92 as Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- SkylineDx Presented New Algorithm Demonstrating Ability to Successfully Identify Gene Sets that are Informative of Cancer Treatment Specific Survival
- SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
- SkylineDx and Consortium of Leading European Partners awarded multi-million Euro Horizon2020 grant from European Commission
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating MMprofiler™ as Robust Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma at the European Hematology Association 21st Annual Congress (EHA)
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and Difficult to Treat Disease
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating Prognostic Value of MMprofiler™ in Multiple Myeloma at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- SkylineDx Receives CE-IVD Mark for MMprofiler™ Its Innovative Gene Signature-Based Test for Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
- SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
- More Accurate Prediction on Prognosis in Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer)
- SkylineDx Presents an Abstract on Risk Identification for Multiple Myeloma Patients at the 20th Congress of the EHA
15 Aug 2018 - 18 Aug 2018, Sydney, Australia
World Congress on the Cancers of the Skin
SkylineDx will be represented at this Congress by Dharminder Chahal, CEO, and Nicky Rijk-Vogels, EVP, Global Business Development.
12 Sep 2018 - 15 Sep 2018, Hilton Americas, Houston Texas, USA
Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by Patricia Murphy, Regional Business Manager, The Americas, and Arielle Ginsberg, Senior Field Application Specialist.
05 Oct 2018 - 07 Oct 2018, Mandelieu, France
European School of Haematology (ESH) 4th International Conference on Multiple Myeloma
SkylineDx will be represented at this conference by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
19 Oct 2018 - 23 Oct 2018, Messe Munich, Munich, Germany
European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2018 Congress
SkylineDx will be represented at this congress by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
01 Dec 2018 - 04 Dec 2018, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, USA
American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by members of the Commercial, Operations, Business Development and Executive teams.