News and press releases
SKY92 Gene Signature Facilitates Cost-effective, Risk-stratified Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
SKY92 Gene Signature Facilitates Cost-effective, Risk-stratified Treatment of
Poster Presentation at ISPOR European Congress Demonstrates Cost-savings and Health-Generating Benefits of SKY92
Rotterdam, the Netherlands and Laguna Hills, CA, November 13, 2017 – SkylineDx announced new data from the 20th Annual European Congress of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) in Glasgow, Scotland, that demonstrate the cost-savings and health-generating potential of MMprofiler™ with SKY92, the company’s prognostic tool to risk-stratify patients with multiple myeloma (MM). This is the first study to examine the potential health economic value of risk-stratified treatment (RST) in MM within the European Union (EU).
“Despite a general trend toward increasing survival, treatment outcomes in multiple myeloma remain highly variable, making risk stratification an essential component of therapeutic decision-making,” said Jennifer G. Gaultney, PhD, Senior Health Economics Consultant at IQVIA in London, UK. “The SKY92 gene signature is the most reliable prognostic biomarker in multiple myeloma for prediction of high risk patients with expected survival of less than two years, and its use appears to facilitate both cost-effective and outcomes-enhancing treatment of this devastating disease.”
At the ISPOR Congress, Dr. Gaultney and colleagues presented a poster summarizing their cost-effectiveness analysis of data from the Phase III HOVON 65/GMMG-HD4 clinical trial. The analysis evaluated two different scenarios: one in which all patients are treated the same (uniform treatment, or UT), and one that uses a RST approach based on one or more risk biomarkers.
The investigators developed a decision analytic model that simulated the total costs and health benefits of UT versus RST for three risk categories: high risk, standard risk, and unknown risk (i.e., data were not available for one or more prognostic factors). For each country included in the analysis (the Netherlands, Germany, UK, France, and Spain), all RST scenarios dominated UT, with RST-SKY92 producing the greatest health gains compared to UT. In terms of cost-effectiveness, the greatest benefits of RST compared to UT were demonstrated in Germany and France.
“The data presented at ISPOR show how SKY92 facilitates early assessment of the circumstances under which risk-stratified treatment is beneficial in newly diagnosed patients with multiple myeloma,” commented Dharminder S. Chahal, Chief Executive Officer of SkylineDx. “Although the data are specific to Europe, they are potentially transferable to other geographic areas, and support the rationale for risk-stratified therapeutic approaches in multiple myeloma.”
About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a cancer that arises from plasma cells, a type of white blood cell made in the bone marrow. In patients with MM, the plasma cells become abnormal, multiply uncontrollably, and release only one type of antibody – known as M-protein – which has no useful function. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, an estimated 114,000 people around the world are diagnosed with MM annually, and the disease represents 0.8% of all cancers globally.
For more information about MM, visit www.hematon.nl/myeloom (information available in Dutch only), www.themmrf.org, www.myeloma.org.uk, www.mpeurope.org, or www.myeloma.org.
About MMprofiler with SKY92
MMprofiler assesses risk by measuring the activity of 92 MM-related genes that comprise
SKY92, SkylineDx’s novel, prognostic gene classifier. The lead product of SkylineDx,
MMprofiler is proven to be superior to the biomarkers currently used to risk-stratify newly
diagnosed and relapsed multiple myeloma patients into a “high” or “standard” risk category.1
Included in a growing number of international treatment guidelines, MMprofiler is CE-IVD
registered in Europe and will be coming soon as a laboratory-developed test (LDT) in the
United States. For more information, please visit www.mmprofiler.com.
SkylineDx is a commercial-stage biotech company based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Originally a spin-off of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the company specializes in
the development and marketing of innovative gene signature-based prognostic tests to assist
healthcare professionals in making personalized treatment decisions for individual patients.
These tests are designed to accurately determine the type or status of the disease or to
predict a patient’s response to a specific treatment. Based on the test results, healthcare
professionals can tailor the treatment to the individual patient. MMprofiler with SKY92 is the
company’s lead product. To learn more, please visit www.skylinedx.com.
# # #
Media Inquiries for SkylineDx
Jeffrey Jones, SkylineDx
1 Van Beers EH, van Vliet M, de Best L, et al. SKY92 GEP, iFISH, and ISS comparisons for risk stratification in multiple
myeloma. Poster p661 presented at 20th European Hematology Association Congress, Vienna, Austria, June 13, 2015.
13 Jun 2018
31 Jan 2018
05 Dec 2017
13 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
21 Jun 2017
10 Apr 2017
30 Nov 2016
SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
11 Oct 2016
04 Oct 2016
31 May 2016
08 Mar 2016
01 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015
08 Sep 2015
19 Aug 2015
02 Jul 2015
08 Jun 2015
17 Feb 2015
11 Nov 2014
06 Nov 2014
14 Oct 2014
22 May 2014
06 Mar 2014
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at EHA Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofilerTM with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Inks Joint Development Agreement with Mayo Clinic to Develop Diagnostic Tests for Melanoma
- SkylineDx Poster Presentations at ASH Meeting Further Validate Use of MMprofiler™ with SKY92 in Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92 Gene Signature Facilitates Cost-effective, Risk-stratified Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Announces Prognostic Tool to be Used as Part of Major New Myeloma Clinical Trial
- SkylineDx Researchers Publish Data Demonstrating Utility of SKY92 as Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- SkylineDx Presented New Algorithm Demonstrating Ability to Successfully Identify Gene Sets that are Informative of Cancer Treatment Specific Survival
- SkylineDx Announces Multiple Studies Being Presented at the 58th Annual ASH Meeting Reinforcing Utility of MMprofiler™ Gene-Based Prognostic Signature to Impact Treatment of Patients with Multiple Myeloma
- SkylineDx Receives Notice of Allowance to Grant Patent for Prognostic SKY92 Gene Signature in Japan
- SkylineDx and Consortium of Leading European Partners awarded multi-million Euro Horizon2020 grant from European Commission
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating MMprofiler™ as Robust Prognostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma at the European Hematology Association 21st Annual Congress (EHA)
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and Difficult to Treat Disease
- SkylineDx to Present New Data Demonstrating Prognostic Value of MMprofiler™ in Multiple Myeloma at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- SkylineDx Receives CE-IVD Mark for MMprofiler™ Its Innovative Gene Signature-Based Test for Multiple Myeloma
- SKY92-ISS Superior to current markers in risk classification for myeloma survival
- SkylineDx appoints Leonard Kruimer as CFO Peter Schineller as CCO
- More Accurate Prediction on Prognosis in Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer)
- SkylineDx Presents an Abstract on Risk Identification for Multiple Myeloma Patients at the 20th Congress of the EHA
14 Jun 2018 - 17 Jun 2018, Stockholmsmässan Congress Center, Stockholm, Sweden
23rd Congress of the European Hematology Association (EHA)
SkylineDx will be represented at this Congress by members of the Commercial and Operations teams.
15 Aug 2018 - 18 Aug 2018, Sydney, Australia
World Congress on the Cancers of the Skin
SkylineDx will be represented at this Congress by Dharminder Chahal, CEO, and Nicky Rijk-Vogels, EVP, Global Business Development.
12 Sep 2018 - 15 Sep 2018, Hilton Americas, Houston Texas, USA
Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by Patricia Murphy, Regional Business Manager, The Americas, and Arielle Ginsberg, Senior Field Application Specialist.
05 Oct 2018 - 07 Oct 2018, Mandelieu, France
European School of Haematology (ESH) 4th International Conference on Multiple Myeloma
SkylineDx will be represented at this conference by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
19 Oct 2018 - 23 Oct 2018, Messe Munich, Munich, Germany
European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2018 Congress
SkylineDx will be represented at this congress by Arjan van Manen, Regional Business Manager, EU.
01 Dec 2018 - 04 Dec 2018, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, USA
American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting
SkylineDx will be represented at this meeting by members of the Commercial, Operations, Business Development and Executive teams.